Freecycle? is a scheme that lets you donate your unwanted items to someone who wants them and is able to reuse them. This is a great idea because, as well as helping people out, you're cutting down on waste. All items donated by freecycling are free, and as this is a local group, it's dead easy to visit people to collect stuff.
Is York Freecycle my local group?If you're in York, then yes. If you live outside York, go to www.freecycle.org to see if there's a group closer to you!
How do I join York Freecycle?
To join you will need to go to http://my.freecycle.org and create a user account for Freecycle Groups.
- Enter your desired User ID.
- Enter your desired email address.
- On the next line, please create a password.
- Then enter the password again to confirm accuracy.
- Type in the two wiggly words to verify that you are not a robot.
- Once you click the Sign Up button you will be a member of Freecycle Groups, and now will need to add a local group to your membership.
- Click on the MY GROUPS tab and enter into the search box the name of the group you wish to join and click search.
- On the next page, click on JOIN this group on the far right of the group name, do not go to the group page, but JOIN this group.
- You will now be a member of Freecycle Groups and also the local group of your choice.
Last modified: Mon 5 November 10:09 PM